Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Getting Back on Track

Jewels: Divas, what have you had in your mouths today?

Tammie: I went to Captain D's. I ordered fish and fries. I only ate the fish.

Symone: I had a McChicken sandwich and fries. The fries were cold by the time I got to eat though. That was my first time having a McChicken. It was good!


Jewels: Symone, I love you so I am going to put this as gently as possible. You are falling into your old unhealthy eating habits. What happened to the lose weight or die trying attitude that I so admired?


Symone: It all went out the door the day the scale told me I weighed 179! It's no longer about losing weight. It's about toning up my Under Belly and being healthy so I live a long life and don't die of a heart attack at 31.


Jewels: Symone, you have to get back on track! I will help you. Please, start counting calories, bites, and chews. I don’t want you to give up or give in. Trust me when I tell you that toning is not enough! It's never enough!


Symone: I refuse to be like that. I will continue to watch my portion sizes, cut back on fried foods, and exercise. If I lose weight, I do. If I don't, I don't. Now, I'm not going to go crazy and eat a ton of calories, just because that's not healthy for me. But I'm not going to go calorie crazy either. I have to have curves. I'm turning into a hottie ;)

Jewels: Symone, with all due respect, if you are indulging in Jr. Whoppers with cheese and McChicken sandwiches, you are not eating healthy.

Symone: You have a point. You are so right. I will drink an extra 64 ounces of water tonight to cleanse my system. I'm thinking of having at least one day a week where I only eat fruits and vegetables to cleanse my system. I thought about fasting once a week...but I'm still a big girl, I can't do that yet.

Jewels: I just think it is important that we keep our focus. You felt so good about the fact that you were losing weight. If you were to gain it back, you may feel like a failure.

Symone: I thought about it, and you are right.

No comments: