Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Denial

Denial:
1. disbelief in the existence or reality of a thing.
2. Refusal to recognize or acknowledge;
3. Sacrifice of one's own wants or needs; self-denial.
4. Psychology. an unconscious defense mechanism used to reduce anxiety by denying thoughts, feelings, or facts that are consciously intolerable.

I have come to realize that I have been in denial concerning certain aspects of my life. I've refused to acknowledge the obvious regarding certain matters that I no longer have the privilege of ignoring. So, to keep a harmonious balance in my life, since my mind has been in denial for so long, I feel it only fair for my body to experience the same. My motive is not to torture myself or lose weight (ok, that's an added benefit). I am merely interested in getting more in-tune with my mind and body and soul. My food intake today: two cups of Winter Earl Grey Tea, sugar-free gum, and water.

Tammi's skipped breakfast today. Her lunch consisted of a turkey sandwich on wheat bread with miracle whip and Swiss cheese, a bag of Grippo's BBQ chips and her favorite soda, Dr. Pepper.

Today,Amber decided decreased her breakfast portions to help cut back on calories. Normally, she consumes 1 1/2 servings of cereal. Today she only ate one serving of Frosted Mini Wheat cereal with 1% milk with Milled flax seed added to it. She enjoyed a Grilled Chicken Salad from LaRosa's with Honey Mustard dressing and one slice of garlic toast.

My Dearest Val has been too busy to eat or drink today. Her caloric intake: a big fat ZERO. You go, Val. You’re my hero!

We are still waiting on Angel's intake.

No comments: